I signed up at Pottermore a few days ago, and well…
Wand: Apple, Dragon core, 12 3/4 inches, supple
1. I failed my math exam. No results yet, but there’s that feeling of certainty gnawing at my brain. It has been there before I took the exam, and it has stayed there since. So for those of you who are thinking about it – forget it – tutoring does not help. That is, if you are unteachable like me. My tutor was really good. It was all on me. I might not even pass my Senior year, which is awful because this is the first time that I have been placed in this position. And then I even awarded my unwillingness to pass with a trip to Glorietta yesterday. I even bought a new shirt. No guilt-trip from my folks, either. What’s up with that?
2. I am sick again. Yep, the colds came back the night I fell asleep on my math reviewers. It brought the coughs along as well. I’ll have to clean this room tomorrow and rid it of its soot. It may or may not make me better, but I’m up for it.
3. I watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix online yesterday. Is it so wrong of me to feel compassion for Harry Potter for the first time in my life? I’ve never liked Potter (that’s right, I’m a Malfoy guy), but yesterday I did. There was a point in the movie when he was almost dying, possessed by Voldemort, vulnerable by the death of Sirius Black. Yet, with Voldy almost victorious, Potter would fight back with a “No, you’re the weak one. And you’ll never know love, or friendship. And I feel sorry for you“. I felt sad somehow when he said that. That made me feel susceptible to him – to Voldy too, I think, but more to Harry. It’s so gripping, so tragic. It’s the best HP installment, in my opinion. I’m looking forward to a marathon. Can you believe it?
4. We had a successful Halloween celebration in class. Of course, someone always has to bitch about and ruin the day before it even began. But everyone actually became too tired to care. So no one cared. And we played games. And we had fun. And that was that. Despite that, I wish this year is over.
5. A random dude greeted me a “Happy Halloween” at Glorietta. Classic.
6. They never published the newsletter.
That’s it. For the meantime, I’m leaving these photos of me in my Halloween costume. I only watched the first two Saw films, but this is something. Bet looked rather snug as Esther from Orphan.
Happy birthday, Edge. Happy Halloween, fuckers.